لقد اعلن مجموعة التطوير الرسمية لغة البايثون (CPython), تبديل نظام التحكم باﻷصدارات (source control) من Subversion إلى Mercurial .
و يقول (Eli Bendersky's) (الذي أصبح مؤخرا أحد المبرمجين في المجموعة الرسيمة لتطوير لغة Python) في مدونته :
اقتباسWorking with Subversion when you can't commit changes is very frustrating, because you're basically without source control. For experienced developers accustomed to having a VCS to protect them at all times, this is hard to get used to. Personally, before I became a core Python developer I was using my own Mercurial clone to work on patches locally before submitting them to the Issue tracker.Now, everyone interested contributing to Python can clone the repository and do his work locally, committing changes to his heart's wishes and enjoying all the benefits of source control. I think this makes the contribution process easier and has a chance to attract more contributors to the project, which would be great. Not to mention that Mercurial is IMHO a better and more powerful VCS than Subversion in general.
دمتم سالمين :)
