Salam
Can anyone help me in devising an algorithm for clipping a line using a circular clippping region??
I wrote a code according to this algorithm
First, need a test to determine if a point lies within the circle
using the following code
static final byte LEFT_UP=1;
static final byte LEFT_DOWN=4;
static final byte RIGHT_UP=2;
static final byte RIGHT_DOWN=8;
int clipXCenter,clipYCenter; //are variables for the coordinates of the center of the circle.
float radius; //is the radius of the circle
private byte getCode(Point point)
{
byte code=0;
float r=sqrt(pow((abs(clipYCenter-point.y),2)+pow(abs(clipYCenter-point.y),2));
//r is the distance between Center of the circle to the endpoint of the line
if ((point.x<clipXCenter)&&(point.y<clipYCenter))
code||=LEFT_UP;
if ((point.x<clipXCenter)&&(point.y>clipYCenter))
code||=LEFT_DOWN;
if ((point.x>clipXCenter)&&(point.y<clipYCenter))
code||=RIGHT_UP;
if ((point.x>clipXCenter)&&(point.y>clipYCenter))
code||=RIGHT_DOWN;
return code
}Second, if both endpoints of the line lie within the circle, the line left untouched
also here I wrote code to left the line untouched
Third, if the two endpoints lie outside the circle
HERE I FACED A PROBLEM
اقتباسhere how I can know if the line whose two endpoints lie outside the cirle have an intersection with the circle??